The Detachment Command Sergeant Major is the lifeblood of the Company. The primary duty of the Command Sergeant Major is to receive orders from the Detachment Commander and issue out those orders to the First Sergeants and assist in all training of enlisted personnel. Additional duties are:
1. Principal advisor to the Detachment Commander on the state of morale, discipline, and training of Cadets within the Detachment.
2. Accounts for personnel during all detachment level activities and events.
3. Conducts company formations; responsible for training and execution of drill and ceremonies at detachment level.
4. Responsible for the appearance of Cadets, equipment and facilities.
5. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Detachment Commander.